Linux 25 – The Story of Linux
On August 25th 1991, Linus Torvalds posted a message that would start a technological revolution. Today, Linux is one of the most successful open source projects in the world. From Smart TVs to Android machines, it powers million of devices around the globe. 25 years and 22 million lines of code later, this is the story of Linux.
Linux 25 – The Story of Linux is a short audio documentary about Linux, in a celebration of its 25th Anniversary. It is a White Market Podcast production; written, edited and produced by Rute Correia, and with additional voice over work by Michael Oakes.
The documentary includes excerpts and/or adaptation of texts from the Wikipedia. They are all available under a CC BY-SA licence.
Includes excerpts and/or adaptation the following tracks:
- Creo – Chiptune // CC BY
- Broke for Free – Night Owl // CC BY-SA
- Six Umbrellas – Runner; The Psychedelic And; Zombie Disco // CC BY-SA
Includes excerpts or verbatim versions of the following works:
- FM Radio Tuning by Mr Auralization // CC BY
- Coin Sound by ProjectsU012 // CC BY
- Interview w/ Richard M. Stallman for Community Radio Hamilton. Recorded October 2009. // CC BY