Open Radio, Open Minds – a WMP session at MozFest
MozFest 2017 schedule is out now! In case you missed it, White Market Podcast will be hosting a session under the Open Innovation banner. This is happening as part of the Mozilla Open Leadership program, for which WMP has been selected to as a project. “Open Radio, Open Minds” is scheduled for Saturday 28th at 4:30pm, with a showcase on Sunday at the Gallery at the same time. Below you can find some more details about the session, including required equipment and targeted audience. If you want to hear me and other Mozilla Open Leaders about our projects and sessions at MozFest, check our demo call.
If you’re gonna be at MozFest, make sure to come by and say hi. I’d love to meet you and talk about all things open.
Open Radio, Open Minds
What is it about?
The session is about making open radio content. Think podcasts, think online and community radio stations, think radio journalism and advocacy.
What’s gonna happen?
I will go over the basics of sound recording and editing. I will show you some examples of good practices for community work in this context, which should include the very own White Market Podcast. If we manage to finish some features, these will be show cased on Sunday.
Is this session for me?
Probably, if you’re:
- a content producer with interest in radio and podcasting (or want to become one)
- someone with interest in community radio and community media projects
Not quite, if you:
- have advanced knowledge of radio content production and audio editing
What do I need to take part in this session?
- One laptop per person/team (people can work individually or in groups)
- Recommended software (it’s FLOSS!): Audacity and Ardour
- You are encouraged to bring in phones and other portable audio recording equipment you might have
.: Photo by Eric Nopanen on Unsplash